Sketch is the efficient design program helping UX designers save hours on projects.
The software is a mac-only, vector based app with a huge library of plugins, templates and integration software applications.
EVE utilizes Sketch and feels it is a crucial application for design handoff. The toolkit helps provide an effective virtual UX experience.
The 10 Best Productivity Plugins for Sketch App” by Mateo Prifti. EVE highlights a couple off the list they find useful too. The Content Generator plugin was voted as #2 because it’s so designer-friendly. It can generate any data like names and plain text content, which saves a lot of time for designers. The SketchDistributor plugin is #9 on the list and this perfectly aligns layers to one another. This tool is good for creating horizontal and vertical bars making quick grids for your layouts.featured a Sketch review titled, “
Below is an overview of what Sketch offers from, “The Sketch Handbook” by Christian Krammer.
- Pixel-perfection: get the perfect result with various pixel-based aids
- Copy CSS attributes and SVG code: go from design to code in no time
- Flexible Boolean operations: combine basic shapes to create complex forms that remain editable
- Pages and artboards: organize your designs in a single file
- Powerful export features: export different sizes with a single click
- Symbols and shared styles: easily reuse elements and layer styles
- Keyboard shortcuts: efficiency is key — almost everything can be achieved with a keypress
- Group resizing: Adapt your designs to different sizes with ease
- Sketch Mirror: Preview designs on any device
Sketch in general, provides plenty of tools and plugins to utilize with any project; in particular its efficiency is helping UX designers or any designer.