Sketch is the efficient design program helping UX designers save hours on projects.
The software is a mac-only, vector based app with a huge library of plugins, templates and integration software applications.
EVE utilizes Sketch and feels it is a crucial application for design handoff. The toolkit helps provide an effective virtual UX experience.
Sitepoint.com featured a Sketch review titled, “The 10 Best Productivity Plugins for Sketch App” by Mateo Prifti. EVE highlights a couple off the list they find useful too. The Content Generator plugin was voted as #2 because it’s so designer-friendly. It can generate any data like names and plain text content, which saves a lot of time for designers. The SketchDistributor plugin is #9 on the list and this perfectly aligns layers to one another. This tool is good for creating horizontal and vertical bars making quick grids for your layouts.
Below is an overview of what Sketch offers from, “The Sketch Handbook” by Christian Krammer.
- Pixel-perfection: get the perfect result with various pixel-based aids
- Copy CSS attributes and SVG code: go from design to code in no time
- Flexible Boolean operations: combine basic shapes to create complex forms that remain editable
- Pages and artboards: organize your designs in a single file
- Powerful export features: export different sizes with a single click
- Symbols and shared styles: easily reuse elements and layer styles
- Keyboard shortcuts: efficiency is key — almost everything can be achieved with a keypress
- Group resizing: Adapt your designs to different sizes with ease
- Sketch Mirror: Preview designs on any device
Sketch in general, provides plenty of tools and plugins to utilize with any project; in particular its efficiency is helping UX designers or any designer.