When beginning any User Experience Design project, there are thoughtful approaches to the UX process that delivers a frictionless customer experience.
EVE keeps the UX design concept and vision in perspective with usability. EVE is also aware that the UX process can change depending on the details of the project, client and budget.
The UX Process Overview referenced in the image below is the same process EVE follows.
The most important phase to EVE is Research. Complex projects will require significant user and competitor research. However, simple projects could skip the research and instead do informal interviews or conduct a survey. For example, if a shopping cart feature is lagging because of server-side issues, this frustrates customers and would send their business elsewhere.
The UX Process Overview steps are broken down by EVE:
1. Strategy – Articulates the brand, guiding principles, and long-term vision
2. Research/Discovery – User and competitor research, informal interviews and surveys
3. Analysis – Draws conclusions from data collected during the research phase
4. Design – Collaboration and iterations happen through interactive wireframes and prototypes
5. Production – High-fidelity design such as, images, icons, and text are created for user testing sessions
6. Launch – Taking the website live while the evaluations and testing continue to occur through in an Agile environment
EVE has a team of designers who have crafted their approach to truly deliver the best user experience.